Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Color-Changing Prom Dress With Magic Wand #WearableWednesday

kellechu and their husband made this beautiful prom dress that changes colors with the help of a magic wand and published a thorough write up on Instructables! Sounds like a pretty epic Cinderella/Fairy Godmother build if you ask me. Cheers to kellechu and team, this dress is stunning!

had never sewed clothing before and still consider myself a beginner sewer. So why would I want to tackle this enormous project? Why not? I love to learn and make new things. I love to stretch myself to projects that are just outside my expertise so that I can move the goal lines of my abilities. I couldn’t do this project alone though. I know my strengths and weaknesses and I know where I am not confident, I can count on my husband to be the expert. He wrote the programs for the microcontrollers, modified and modeled the star wand and light caps, and soldered its electronics. Without him, I wouldn’t have been able to finish this project.

Read more

We’re pretty big fans of our Flora color sensor. You can also use it to make a Color-sensor Driven NeoPixel Dress, perfect for parties or cough cough HALLOWEEN, or a Chameleon Scarf


Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment