Friday, August 23, 2024

DIY TARS Replica with Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

That sound from your bookcase is you in the future celebrating you success in making a TARS robot replica from Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar. You may not be able to replciate the laconically sardonic voice of renowned clown Bill Irwin, but in all other ways this TARS replica is a proper hoamge. Here’s more from Charlie Diaz via hackster.io:

Over the past two years I’ve been working to create my own miniature replica of the robot TARS from the movie Interstellar. The goal was always to make a reasonably faithful representation of TARS walk like it did in the movie. I’ve made three versions so far and have gone from a functional but unreliable proof-of-concept to a more refined and highly reliable prototype capable of walking continuously for hours. My most recent version even has dual robotic arms which it can use to interact with the surrounding environment. My ultimate goal for the project now is to release my designs to the public so that other people can make a mini TARS for themselves, perhaps learn from my experience, and hopefully improve this platform further.

See project!

No comments:

Post a Comment