Friday, December 22, 2017

I Let Everyone on the Internet Control My X-Mas Decoration @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

 

via hackster.io

Control any of the 55 RGB LEDs on the tree, let Santa twerk for you, control a model railroad, or display custom text on a LED dot matrix.

I had the idea quite a while ago, since I always loved projects where you could control somebody’s X-mas lighting, a robot arm or generally anything over the web and watching it live on stream. But I was never really sure, if there’s anyone else in the world who would dig it and I had no idea how to get requests from anyone on the internet to my Arduino.

Then one day – a few weeks ago – I told a friend what I had in mind and surprisingly he was immediately into it. He’s a computer scientist and said he could program an API on node.js, which would run on a Raspberry Pi. The concept was born.

See full project here!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment