Wednesday, December 6, 2017

This Is the Ultimate Holiday Sweater for a Sith Lord #WearableWednesday #wearabletech #Arduino #StarWars #DIY #holiday

Well, we are up to our second holiday blinged sweater of the year, and this one scores lots of points since it has a Star Wars theme. This Death Star version by maker Taylor Sparks has cool parts, special powers and ultimate challenges that can only be revealed through my corny Darth Vader quotes. Can you figure out the connections? If not, no worries as Taylor’s video provides a tutorial.

“The force is strong with this Lilypad.”

“When I left you I was but the solderer. Now I am the coder.”

“I am shorting the LEDs, pray I do not short them any further…” 

“I find your lack of power disturbing.”

“I solder for your sake, the thread is not as forgiving as the copper.”

“If you only knew the power of the accelerometers.”

“Impressive. Most impressive. Patience has taught you well. You have controlled your LEDs. Now, release their power. Only the sleeves can illuminate me.”

“You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your wearables training. With our hacked sweaters, we can end this dreary fashion and bring color to the holiday.”

Thanks for indulging my Star Wars love, and a hearty “May the Arduino be with you” to Taylor for an amazing project. Do you want to learn how to add LEDs to your holiday wear? Check out our learning guide for LED Sequins and learn how to use conductive thread and a GEMMA microcontroller to make them sparkle. Make your end of year party bright!


Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment