Friday, January 26, 2018

@Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

by  via Instructables

I have bought a pretty cool little screen at PIMORONI and at last it makes possible to see detailed videos and images on a tiny device. So i decided to put it in a steam punk box. ‘Don’t know why but I am addicted to Steam punk style!

For this one I have used a PI3 and a PIMORONI HyperPixel 3.5″ Hi-Res Display along with softwares :

  • – Raspbian JESSIE
  • – KODI Krypton v7.3
  • – KERBEROS surveillance camera
  • – Pico2wave and SOX speech synthesis

I have assembled all this stuff and put it in a small wood box I have decorated with some metal pieces cutted with my Dremel.The Pi camera has been inserted behind an old camera lens so to simulate an old 19th century system. All this has been inserted on a pretty lamp base.

The external amplifier has been elaborated from used TV set amplifier circuit and put in an old cigars box with a cutted trumpet on top and the switch is a very old cigarette lighter part.

In order to obtain a better image from the PI screen I have put a magnifying glass in front of it. I like these old magnifiers because it makes me think to Jules Verne or Nadar. The golden age of steam and copper devices.

See project here!

No comments:

Post a Comment