Thursday, August 6, 2020

A macro keypad with 3D printed switches #3dThursday #3dPrinting

James Stanley posts a 3D-printed keyboard switch project:

I’ve reached a switch design that I think is probably reliable enough, and I’ve put 3 of them together to form a macro keypad just to see how it all goes together before I commit to a full keyboard. I don’t have a number for how many presses the switch lasts, other than to say that the motor on the testing machine stopped working before the switch did (after about 250,000 presses).

It’s controlled by an Arduino Pro Micro. It’s hard to tell from the pic because of the hot glue, but the switches are wired up to pins 2, 3, and 4, from the other side of the board.

For the software side of it, he used the Arduino Keyboard library, using this quick and dirty Arduino code. Approximately all of the code is just related to the debounce logic.

See the video below and the detailed blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment