Tuesday, August 11, 2020

CNC Woodworking – Purple Epoxy and Wood Drip Butterfly Bowl #ArtTuesday

The bowl itself is modeled in Fusion 360, Corbin Dunn shared this video on Youtube!

Hey CNC and epoxy woodworkers! A while ago I started experimenting with CNC’ing some wood to make it look like epoxy is dripping down from the top of a butterfly shape bowl (check out https://youtu.be/4I5d8X0GpW4 ). I decided to do an invert of this concept: epoxy on the bottom and wood dripping down the top! WiseBond has a really cool color shifting mica powder series called WiseShift, and they sent me some to try out. I picked the “Changeling” color — a deep purple that shifts to some red and pink hues when you look at it at certain angles. I decided that this was the perfect time to do a really deep pour of epoxy and create the inverted butterfly bowl you see here. Check it out in case you are interested in resin casting and CNC. I go over a few more details: some of my notes from Fusion 360 on the CAD that I do and how I setup everything.

See more!

No comments:

Post a Comment