Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Dasha Ilina: DIY, humour, yoga, martial arts and human-machine interactions #ArtTuesday@makery_

Paris-based, Russian-born Dasha Ilina recently got an honorary mention at Ars Electronica for her faux corporation offering therapy for those constantly bent over their phones, the ‘Center For Technological Pain’.

On the Center For Technological Pain site there are some very entertaining ‘motivational ‘videos aimed at correcting the posture of phone users and literally fights back at the intrusion of mobile phone technology in our lives with martial arts techniques aimed at removing the phones of unwitting users.

“The idea for the project itself came to me quite naturally. Being around designers and media artists who spend all day behind their computers, as well as taking daily commutes on public transport, where people often don’t look up from their phones for the entirety of their ride, made me think about whether I could create something that would help those with a serious addiction. Another thing that was helpful was that, prior to starting the project, I myself couldn’t take my eyes off my phone, but I could recognise that it was not healthy to spend so much time on my devices”.

See the video below for a sample and more in the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment