Thursday, September 9, 2021

Pokeball – weighted, opening, light up button #3DThursday #3DPrinting

Pokeball weighted opening light up button by Ibuildrobots Thingiverse

Shared by Ibuildrobots on Thingiverse:

There are several pokeball models out there, but none has all the features that I wanted so I made my own. Features on this one include:

-A clamshell opening with a hidden hinge. I used a barrel hinge to keep the ball as spherical as possible.

-Magnets that would keep the halves closed. I had 6mm magnets on hand, so I used those.

-A 16mm light up metallic “elevator” button.

-A spot for weights to add some heft to the finished product- I wanted this to be satisfying to hold. I included cut out on the top and bottom for 1 1/8” hexnuts that I bought from the home center. With one in, the ball weights 155g/5.5oz and with two it weighs 205g/7.25oz.

-As hidden a seam as possible – I added a lip on the bottom half of the ball for the seam to tuck behind

Download the files and learn more


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

No comments:

Post a Comment