Friday, December 1, 2017

Finding Your Raspbian Version #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

NewImage

From Average Man vs Raspberry Pi:

A quick tip for you today folks, to show you a few different ways to identify the Raspbian version you’re running on your Raspberry Pi.

I had to do a bit of troubleshooting recently as the latest version of Raspbian (Stretch) seemed to cause an issue with one of my SPI devices. My first step was to attempt to re-create the problem on an old version of Raspbian (Jessie), but I didn’t know which version each of my Pis were running.

After a few minutes of searching I found a range of different commands that all fetch information on your Raspbian version, and as always, I’m sharing what I learnt right here on my blog.

Read more


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment