Friday, December 8, 2017

Raspberry Pi Perpetual Yule Log @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

From Cabe Atwell in Element 14 Raspberry Pi Projects Forum

Who doesn’t like a fireplace? Who doesn’t like the Yule Log?

….also… who else doesn’t have either?

Nothing is more comfy than a fireplace-fire during those quiet holiday moments. This project brings that to you – thanks to our good friend, the Raspberry Pi.

We’ve all seen “Yule Log” videos. I think they have been around since the days of VHS. The Pi plays those videos. They are the next best thing to having an actual fire.

However, this isn’t just a glorified video player, I took it a little further. Here were my design requirements:

  1. I didn’t want the Yule Log fun to end, but I also do not want to play the same video on repeat. I want to play a collection of videos – one after another – no repeats!
  2. I want the video playback system to be quiet. No PC fan sounds, discs spinning, etc.
  3. Portability is absolutely key… for strategically adding fireplaces where need be.
  4. And I need a way to cycle through videos if, for some reason, I don’t like the one playing.

See project here!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment