Friday, December 8, 2017

Wifi Light Switch Raspberry Pi Web Server

From KeithCaskey on Instructables:

I wanted to control the light switch in my bedroom without having to get out of bed, so I wanted to be able to control it from my phone. I had a few extra constraints, I wanted to be able to control it from any device easily, I wanted to be able to use the light switch as normal and I couldn’t make much modification to the hardware as I rent the apartment.

I decided to use a Raspberry Pi to control a servo motor which would move the switch. The Raspberry Pi would run a web server that I could access while on the local network. Links on the website on this server would allow me to turn the switch on and off. By de-energizing the servo between switching I could also still use the lightswitch as normal.

Read more and see more on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment