Thursday, April 30, 2020

3D Printing LED Strip Lighting Mounts for a 3D Printer #3Dthursday #3Dprinter

Many people wish to light their 3D printer frame, to see better or for photography. MSRaynsford posts:

After sorting out a sturdy camera mount for my timelapse videos I needed to sort out the lighting to go with it. I was using a large lamp wedged in front of the printer and then diffused with a sheet of paper, the trouble is every time I went near the machine it would blind me. I had some cool white 24V LED strips that could connect directly to the PSU in the printer and be mounted on the framework. I printed some mounts that angle the strips in towards the print, these were done in two parts; the 45 degree angle to point the lights in black to match the framework and a white light cover to hold the strips in place and diffuse the light some more. (stl here)

See the blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment