Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Queer Art Workers Reflect: Anaïs Duplan On “Becoming a Better Lover”—Not Just in a Romantic Sense

Hyperallergic is celebrating LGBTQ+ artists for Pride month. Check out this great interview with Anaïs Duplan!

I’m a poet, video artist, arts administrator, and teacher. I received my MFA in poetry from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop in 2017. I’m also the author of a full length collection of poetry, Take This Stallion (Brooklyn Arts Press, 2016), two poetry chapbooks, Mount Carmel and the Blood of Parnassus (Monster House Press, 2017) and 9 Poems/The Lovers (Belladonna*, 2018), and most recently a book of essays, poems, and interviews called Blackspace: On the Poetics of an Afrofuture (Black Ocean, 2020). I’m the founder an artist residency program called the Center for Afrofuturist Studies, which is based in Iowa City. I’m also an adjunct poetry professor at Columbia University and St. Joseph’s College. I currently work as Program Manager at Recess.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment