Friday, August 7, 2020

A Raspberry Pi badge with USB cable lanyard #BadgeLife #RaspberryPi #PiDay @Raspberry_Pi @FacelessTech

FacelessTech discusses making a lanyard-connected Raspberry Pi computer as a badge.

This is a problem I’ve been trying to solve for a few years. If you want to wear a raspberry pi around your neck on a lanyard but don’t want to have a bulky power bank also hanging round your neck what do you do. My first thought was to attach a USB power cable to a lanyard but that would be lot of work, why not make the USB power cable the lanyard.

I’ve been making my own USB cables that I wrap in paracord. This got me thinking about making the USB cable the lanyard, All I needed to do was design some 3D printed pieces to tire it all together.

How it works is the lanyard is split into 2 pieces. One side would just be plain piece of paracord with knots in each end, that side would go from behind my neck down to the Pi. The other side would be the custom paracord USB cable that would go from the Pi up to my neck then down to my pocket where the power bank would go.

I need a 3D printed piece that the Pi hangs off and connects the plan paracord and the usb paracord.

See the video below and the article here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment