Friday, June 28, 2019

Raspberry Pi Homebrew controller with Node Red UI @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

from lawsonkeith via Element 14 Forums

I’m using a fish tank temperature controller at the moment to control a heater belt with a relay which is kind of ok apart from I need to go into the garage to check what it’s doing and the temperature sensor which is just a cheap thermistor just gets bungee’d to the outside of the mash tub so I’m not sure how accurate it is, especially since the temperature sensor ends up being close to the heater.

So I’m going to use my raspberry Pi to upgrade this to use Node Red so I can check what my beer is doing without leaving my arm chair.  I’m also going to use an industrial PT100 probe so I get a better temperature reading.  The first thing to do is a quick drawing of how this is going to be wired up, I’ll use an Analog Hat (PiIO_ADIO) for the Pi to do all the interfacing so I just need to add a power supply and mains relay to my enclosure, since the interface PCB has a step down supply for the Pi I can just use a single 0.63A 24V PSU to power everything.  I’ll mount everything on DIN rail then just use gands to seal the box (ignore irrigation references that’s another project).

See full project!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment