Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Star Wars Universe Is Somehow Big Enough for Eight Kloo Horn Players | #SciFiSunday

Screen Shot 2019 06 25 at 12 56 30 PM

The Star Wars article I never knew I needed from Emily Asher-Perrin on Tor.com.

I’m sure when you were a kid watching Star Wars, you just assumed that the instruments being played by Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes (note: if you just called them “the cantina band” I’m really not sure what to do with you) were variants on instruments that you have already seen or played upon. Look, it’s an oboe! That one’s a space saxophone! How wrong you were, my young friend. How misguided. That instrument that Figrin D’an is playing is called a kloo horn. It’s totally different from our lousy Earth instruments. (It’s not.) And the Star Wars universe is full of musicians who loved that instrument, at least according to the Legends canon.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment