Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Making a Spaceship Desk with Raspberry Pi and LEDs #FromTheForums

From the Adafruit Forums, user imruffsdad is making a spaceship desk:

I’m working on my take of the Spaceship desk. Mine has 9 panels that each do something different. I’m using a Raspberry Pi with Python and PyGame as the main controller behind this project.

There are 5 holder and 4 Acrylic blocks. On the left and right sides of the holders is a place for an LED to backlight that particular block. When each block is in it’s holder I want to backlight it with a different color, I have a basic switch mounted to each holder. You then take a block out of the holder and move it to the “Main Computer” slot and that slot will light up with the same color as the block you removed and start an LED pattern moving on the main LED array of individual neo-pixels. Using Python, I have all the code for the LED matrix to run the different patterns.

See this project in the forums here.

No comments:

Post a Comment