Monday, October 2, 2017

Captain America Costume Is All About the Weathering

I don’t know for sure what percentage of making cosplay involves weathering, but it’s often part of the making process. The skill is especially on display in this Captain America costume designed by Redditor Heather848wsp (she’s also responsible for this Captain Cold Nerf gun mod). She made the costume as a commission and spent 50 hours on the project. She combined both made and found clothing pieces for the project. She says:

Pants made by me and weathered by me. The jacket was super hard to find but finally found one on eBay shipped from China, and I did all the weathering.

They are ammo pouches [the belt] and those are actual WW2 ones I happen to find.

The shield is made from steel, and Heather added all the weathering so it looks like it’s seen combat.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment