Thursday, April 23, 2020

3D printed #StaySafe refrigerator magnets #3Dprinting #3Dthursday

The FacelessTech blog posts designs for various magnets with the #StaySafe hashtag on them.

I love using magnets in my 3D printing designs, It’s a great way to make a lid lock into place or to easily make tool holders. I normally use rare earth magnets or neodymium magnets, But while I was looking I found you could buy a strip of the more weaker black flexible magnets in meter long strips for as low as £1.40. I ordered a strip to see if I could use this to make fridge magnets, Turns out it’s great for this and it’s got a adhesive backing to it.

In my designs I added a cutout of 14mm x 2mm x whatever length the design is. You don’t have to have the magnet run the whole length of the design. I kind of found it out by accident but you don’t even need support when printing on my ender 3 pro.

These are designed using Freecad and they have provided the files so you can edit them how every you want.

See the post here and the video above.

No comments:

Post a Comment