Friday, October 8, 2021

Retro Philco Radio #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

via codemakesitgo on instructables

Updated a 1930’s cabinet style radio to play music of its era and simulates tuning radio stations. Oh, and it has also Bluetooth.

I started collecting vintage radios at one time. Mainly because I think they are cool and they usually go for pretty cheap. I got this one for free from a family member. It was in pretty bad shape. I had plans to restore it back to original but then I realized that it only tunes in AM station and would be of little use. But I love the way it looks with the tubes, soft lighting, big dial, and wood cabinet.

So! I decided to make it play music of its era and keep it looking original. But, also added new functionality like Bluetooth audio, new amplifier, and new speakers. But they are all hidden under the old electronics to not ruin the old school vibe.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment