Monday, April 20, 2020

David Lynch Is Making Tiny Lamps in Quarantine

E87f339b84236895256731177d6984c69d 08 david lynch rhorizontal w700

Wonder what David Lynch is up to in quarantine? Well it’s obviously something far more twee and original than what you’ve been doing! All that bread-baking, electronic-tinkering, and binge-watching us philistines have been getting into is all fine and good, but it’s really nothing compared to making smaller-than-average lamps. Learn more about Lynch’s recent life at home in this piece published by Vulture.

I love being at home. Right now I’m in the woodshop, and I’m working on these small lamps. It’s so much fun to dream up a different kind of lamp and have the tools and the materials to realize these things. I like working with resin, I like working with wood, and I like working with electricity. So the lamps encompass these three things in a beautiful way. It’s just a great thing to be in the woodshop working away.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment